Zaloguj się, aby obserwować  
PinKee

English Channel

1054 postów w tym temacie

Dnia 10.08.2010 o 18:34, Hubi_Koshi napisał:

Not Necessarily, French are almost phobic about the purity of their language and they
have Fits if someone tries to import some words

True... but does that mean they don''t try borrowing words from other languages (English, Spanish) - or worse francify (?) them? No. They use a hell lot of English words in their everyday vocabulary, eg. chewing gum (to be pronounced as "shweengum" in French ;]). Of course the conservative part of the French society invented "gomme à mâcher", but very few people use it.
Here is a list of some French words of English origin:

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mots_fran%C3%A7ais_d''origine_anglaise

According to some bunch of patriots ;P (Académie française) around 5% of French vocabulary is of English origin.

Dnia 10.08.2010 o 18:34, Hubi_Koshi napisał:

I''m not very fond of the Frog-eaters

Me too ;P

Dnia 10.08.2010 o 18:59, kuba9876543210 napisał:

True... but does that mean they don''t try borrowing words from other languages (English,
Spanish) - or worse francify (?) them? No. They use a hell lot of English words in their
everyday vocabulary, eg. chewing gum (to be pronounced as "shweengum" in French ;]).
Of course the conservative part of the French society invented "gomme à mâcher",
but very few people use it.
Here is a list of some French words of English origin:

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mots_fran%C3%A7ais_d''origine_anglaise

Mhm as far as I remember they tried to francise them for example there was Skyscraper, which the French translated into Grate Ciel, or something along those lines. My opinion may be outdated a bit but I remember hearing how French aren''t very fond of borrowing words from other languages and want to keep their language "clean". It might be that the people who were saying that, were some language purists, while majority of the society doesn''t care about it and do whatever they want with the language.

Dnia 10.08.2010 o 18:52, Budo napisał:

Come on, French is mixed with almost all European languages, especially Spanish and Portuguese...

Reality and opinions and belief of different people are two different things, they may deceive themselves that their language is "clean" but Reality proves otherwise.

Dnia 10.08.2010 o 19:21, Hubi_Koshi napisał:

I remember hearing how French aren''t very fond of borrowing
words from other languages and want to keep their language "clean". It might be that
the people who were saying that, were some language purists, while majority of the society
doesn''t care about it and do whatever they want with the language.

Nah, the majority is hypocrite. I know what I''m saying, I lived in France for two years. ;]

Dnia 10.08.2010 o 19:25, kuba9876543210 napisał:

Nah, the majority is hypocrite. I know what I''m saying, I lived in France for two years.
;]

Well being a hypocrite lies in the core of being a human being, just look at some priests and other religious nuts :-3

Hello. The higher time has come to write something in this topic, hasn''t it?
I''m interested in Java programming. It''s my hobby since last year. Days ago I wrote some program which checks myself in english irregular verbs, vocabulary and idioms. Also the program can ask me matura questions (my opinion about many things, foe example the best relationship in family for me and things to consider before make up our mind). I wanna prepare to matura in 2013 and to my life in the future.
I think that writing sometimes sth for example in this topic will be good habit for my language learning. Where are you, gramowiczes? ;>

Dnia 24.09.2011 o 23:14, Kardithron napisał:

Where are you, gramowiczes? ;>

Where am i ?
I''m between life and death, somewhere in the middle....

But for real... I just worked my ass off past few days :)
I need serious break or i will become Workaholic.

And its been some time [bah, hell of a time] sine i writhed anything in English, in a matter of fact, since i quitted online gaming [and my last MMO Ragnarok] i write something only on other forums. But at least i speak often via Ventrillo or other systems, mainly during gaming [thank you god for the team-speak in games, without it i would probably forget everything i learned :)]

Dnia 24.09.2011 o 23:40, Pietro87 napisał:

And its been some time [bah, hell of a time] sine i writhed anything in English, in a
matter of fact, since i quitted online gaming [and my last MMO Ragnarok] i write something
only on other forums. But at least i speak often via Ventrillo or other systems, mainly
during gaming [thank you god for the team-speak in games, without it i would probably
forget everything i learned :)]

Hm, I don''t play to much in multiplayer games but I think it''s good idea for English students to play games in this language. For example... Years ago I was playing in Gothic I, Gothic II and Gothic II: Night Of The Raven many times... Particular proportion is beside the point now. I just think that good idea will be play this game in English. I got that idea few weeks ago but I don''t enough time yet. Maybe later... Today I have to learn physic before tomorrow''s test.

PS: Con of that idea is a fact that we have really good dubbingers in Poland. :(

Dnia 25.09.2011 o 14:09, Kardithron napisał:

PS: Con of that idea is a fact that we have really good dubbingers in Poland. :(

I disagree, in my opinion we have crappy voice actors.

But i agree that games, cartoons, movies can help a lot in English learning.
You can expand your vocabulary by simply watching movies and learn naturally. The more you listen the more you will remember.
I myself learned quite much, thanks to the cartoons when i was a child, same goes for games and movies of course, its a great source of knowledge.

Still since i don''t have many opportunities to write something [except conversation on English or International forums these days] i consider myself just mediocre writer, but quite good talker, i always have this feeling that I''m much better when I''m talking, than when I''m writing :)

Dnia 25.09.2011 o 14:09, Kardithron napisał:

No we don''t have. Japan has the best Voice Actors in the World!!

Dnia 25.09.2011 o 15:26, Piotrbov napisał:

No we don''t have. Japan has the best Voice Actors in the World!!

They don''t have them either. I completely cannot understand why people are so orgasmic Japan and think that anything Japaneese is absolutly best in the world. IT ISN''T. Where''s the all fuss come from? I''m not anti-Japan person, I really like reading about their culture (becouse it''s soo different from ours) and history, but wake up people, Japan is not best at everything in the world.

And personally I hate Japaneese voices, they are very neat in anime but when I hear them in Western productions I cannot help myself but rage about it.

>, but wake up people, Japan

Dnia 25.09.2011 o 15:42, Nagaroth napisał:

is not best at everything in the world.

I know that, but... When I hear polish dubbing of japanesee movie or anime I want to kill myself or something like that. And as I can remember Japan os the one of very few countries, which has occupation like voice acting. In another countries normal actors from TV, or theatres makes dubbing.

Dnia 25.09.2011 o 15:42, Nagaroth napisał:

And personally I hate Japaneese voices, they are very neat in anime but when I hear them
in Western productions I cannot help myself but rage about it.

Eeeeerrr. Why you are watching Western productions with japanesee dubbing?

Dnia 25.09.2011 o 16:44, Piotrbov napisał:

I know that, but... When I hear polish dubbing of japanesee movie or anime I want to
kill myself or something like that.

Well, I agree with you in that, even if I never seen an anime with polish dubbing. I just hate any dubbing other than original.

And as I can remember Japan os the one of very few
countries, which has occupation like voice acting.

Western countries do have professional voice actors, but we often hear about recruiting TV or Hollywood star as a voice of some character becouse it''s something the game developers want to do for fans. You know, for me, it was great to hear Tricia Helfer as EDI in Mass Effect 2, especially that she was playing a Cylon in Battlestar Galactica TV series.

But in Poland situation is different, we do not have voice actors, only our "stars".

Eeeeerrr. Why you are watching Western productions with japanesee dubbing?

Sorry, I didn''t expressed myself clear. I was refering to people who are so damn excited about Deus Ex: Human Revolution Japaneese trailer and say that it''s better than original. And it isn''t better, Japaneese voice and language are totaly anticlimatic for Adam Jensen.

Dnia 25.09.2011 o 22:21, Nagaroth napisał:

Well, I agree with you in that, even if I never seen an anime with polish dubbing. I
just hate any dubbing other than original.

Me too.

want to do for fans. You know, for me, it was great to hear Tricia Helfer as EDI in Mass
Effect 2, especially that she was playing a Cylon in Battlestar Galactica TV series.

For me it isn''t great. For dubbing I prefer people, who know how to act by voice, and only voice. And masking their voice, like Jarosław Boberek - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMoafB4lSz8

Sorry, I didn''t expressed myself clear. I was refering to people who are so damn excited
about Deus Ex: Human Revolution Japaneese trailer and say that it''s better than original.
And it isn''t better, Japaneese voice and language are totaly anticlimatic for Adam Jensen.

I don''t know, haven''t watched those trailers.

Dnia 25.09.2011 o 22:39, Izrafel92 napisał:

God..i think it''s the only place on this forum when people actually care about commas,
fullstops etc. strange, isn''t it?

Errr, maybe it is, maybe not. I''m always using commas, fullstops etc.

Dnia 25.09.2011 o 22:39, Izrafel92 napisał:

God..i think it''s the only place on this forum when people actually care about commas,
fullstops etc. strange, isn''t it?

Nah i don''t think so, it mainly depend on the person.
If someone knows how to use punctuation marks, why not to use them ?
I myself have some doubts whenever i use them in English, I''m not always 100% sure i used punctuation mark in the correct place [you may say i do it by some instinct :)] still i know how to use them in Polish why not to use them in English as well :)
In the end when people don''t use commas, fullstops etc in their posts its often hard to say what they had in mind, one simple mark can change whole sentence meaning.
And some people for sure pay attention here just to look smart and highly educated :)
Its our human nature we want to impress others.
As for myself, I just pay attention for my grammar and I want my posts to look clear, so there will be no misunderstandings what I had I mind.

Dnia 25.09.2011 o 22:51, Pietro87 napisał:

And some people for sure pay attention here just to look smart and highly educated :)
Its our human nature we want to impress others.

but why aren''t the polish parts of this forum so.. i don''t know how to describe it..tidied up? people don''t give a da** about punctuation. look at posts here and compare them to how the other topics look like. u can''t say there isn''t much difference, can u ? :D

Dnia 26.09.2011 o 00:15, Izrafel92 napisał:

but why aren''t the polish parts of this forum so.. i don''t know how to describe it..tidied
up? people don''t give a da** about punctuation. look at posts here and compare them
to how the other topics look like. u can''t say there isn''t much difference, can u ?
:D

Probably because there are lots of kiddos who don''t care about punctuation etc. and probably can''t speak English (so they''re not writing in this topic :p).
The rest just tries to be a little bit more "good-looking".

@Pietro87 -> I wouldn''t trust the intuition in case of punctuation. I''d say that it''s very likely that you try to apply Polish rules to English sentences, which in many cases are just incorrect(like probably half of the comas which I''ve used in this post) :)

Utwórz konto lub zaloguj się, aby skomentować

Musisz być użytkownikiem, aby dodać komentarz

Utwórz konto

Zarejestruj nowe konto na forum. To jest łatwe!

Zarejestruj nowe konto

Zaloguj się

Masz już konto? Zaloguj się.

Zaloguj się
Zaloguj się, aby obserwować