Zaloguj się, aby obserwować  
PinKee

English Channel

1054 postów w tym temacie

Dnia 02.04.2010 o 23:07, Budo napisał:

I want to learn it.

Yep, ofc, I know it, my mistake.

But I don`t understand my first mistake. "I haven`t a good teacher.` I think it`s correct. I meant that I learn Spanish, but my teacher can`t teach, so I have problem with this language. : P

Dnia 03.04.2010 o 01:28, Ambroo napisał:

But I don`t understand my first mistake. "I haven`t a good teacher.` I think it`s correct.
I meant that I learn Spanish, but my teacher can`t teach, so I have problem with this
language. : P

I misunderstood then. But anyway I think that sentence should sound different, like "I don''t have a good teacher", or "I haven''t got a good teacher". Or choose the simple way- "my teacher sucks" :)

I haven''t a good teacher
I don''t have a good teacher.

No diffrent expect spelling word. It means the same. That''s the problem. A lot of sentences can be written on even 4 diffrent ways in English.

Dnia 13.04.2010 o 19:31, Ichibanboshi-kun napisał:

Hey guys, I forgot how we call this light from ambulance in English :( Do ya remember?

Light from ambulance? :)

Hey guys, I forgot how we call this light from ambulance in English :( Do ya remember?

Mermaid. :D

Blue light perhaps... Light is light. No specific name. I would say an ambulance siren if you want to refer to the whole thing.

As I''m thinking of it... I''d say ppl in ambulance see tunnel. So light from ambulance is light from the end of a tunnel, no? Don''t go there, remember that.
:)

*knock, knock*
Excuse me, got one question. We have a word for e.g. "blacksmith". Can we separate them, so it leaves "smith" at the end. I heard once that there is actualy word like that, but I may be wrong... Help please :)

Dnia 13.04.2010 o 21:30, Budo napisał:

Light from ambulance? :)

Yeah, in Polish "kogut" xD I have seen name of it somewhere. I think it''s starts from "b". We can call it "light bar" but it's not what I'm looking for. I'm sure that I have seen another name for it! It''s stupid, but I can''t stop thinking about it xD

I took a shortcut and typed this word in Google browser. There were various results, but i think the "beacon light" meets your expectations.

@Smocza - accoring to my dictionary, word smith means a person who makes things out of metal and it's divided into various ... "specialties". F.e. goldsmith, who uses gold, or, mentioned, blacksmith who uses iron.

Dnia 14.04.2010 o 00:20, luq napisał:

I took a shortcut and typed this word in Google browser. There were various results,
but i think the "beacon light" meets your expectations.

Bullseye! "Beacon" that''s what I meant! ;)

Damn. Many "how to change strings" movies watched, that''s my third string changing and I had to freakin" break one! Damn it. That is the last time I was doing it on my own, was never really satisified with the effect - always to tight or badly attached, sometimes broken... Luckily found the one I need on allegro, it is going to be out of set but whatever...

Dnia 27.05.2010 o 22:30, kuba9876543210 napisał:

You could''ve expressed youself more precisely, someone who doesn''t play guitar might
not have understood you ;)
btw. what kind of guitar do you play?

Acoustic. With my brother''s help I managed to make a string from broken pieces and it is working well so far:).

Mhm... well I guess I''ll dig up this topic and perform some light necromancy on it. Why ?? Cause I found some fun little text on the net and I''d love to share it with you folks

"“The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that the English language is as pure as a crib-house whore. It not only borrows words from other languages; it has on occasion chased other languages down dark alley-ways, clubbed them unconscious and rifled their pockets for new vocabulary. “"
- James Nicoll

Dnia 10.08.2010 o 18:23, kuba9876543210 napisał:

Well, Mr. Nicoll''s saying applies to most European languages (if not all). :P

Not Necessarily, French are almost phobic about the purity of their language and they have Fits if someone tries to import some words (I''m not very fond of the Frog-eaters so my opinions may be a bit biased) but English is the language that faces more changes than any other languages. It''s the new Latin after all so many people from different countries use it so they put new words into the lexicon because quite often there are no equivalents in English, that''s how English gained a lot of new words during the time of Colonialism

Utwórz konto lub zaloguj się, aby skomentować

Musisz być użytkownikiem, aby dodać komentarz

Utwórz konto

Zarejestruj nowe konto na forum. To jest łatwe!

Zarejestruj nowe konto

Zaloguj się

Masz już konto? Zaloguj się.

Zaloguj się
Zaloguj się, aby obserwować