Zaloguj się, aby obserwować  
PinKee

English Channel

1054 postów w tym temacie

A i jeszcze jedn: czy pytanie "how does your family have a lunch?" jest poprawne?

I know it's english channel, but it's good topic for this question ;]

Dnia 28.09.2008 o 17:11, kowboj3 napisał:

I know it''s english channel, but it''s good topic for this question ;]

Check this out: http://forum.gram.pl/forum_post.asp?tid=7692&u=482 ("translators'' corner: English and other languages"). I don''t know what you are going to say so I can''t help you. :P Visit this link and there ask about it, but first write in polish what it should mean.

Dnia 28.09.2008 o 17:35, Radykał napisał:

> I know it''s english channel, but it''s good topic for this question ;]
Check this out: http://forum.gram.pl/forum_post.asp?tid=7692&u=482 ("translators'' corner:
English and other languages"). I don''t know what you are going to say so I can''t help
you. :P Visit this link and there ask about it, but first write in polish what it should
mean.

Heh, it was on english test in school. It was question "how/your family/have a lunch" - it had to be question in Present Simple tense, so I wrote "How does your family have a lunch?".
And other question - I had to wrote what kind of films I like and why, so I wrote "I like horror films because I like feel scary", but I Think it''s wrong sentence.

Dnia 28.09.2008 o 18:05, kowboj3 napisał:

And other question - I had to wrote what kind of films I like and why, so I wrote "I
like horror films because I like feel scary", but I Think it''s wrong sentence.

Well, I think it''s a wrong answer. You should write "I like horror films, becouse I like being scared". Verbs such as "think", "feel", "need", "must" and so on haven''t got present continues form (~ing) except "feeling" but as a noun.

Anybody could serve address of part with good and fast from polish on english fast translation vice versa or? There would be best, if this part translated whole opinions/sentences.

Thank U!

Don''t worry, they won''t. French is not as popular as English in our country. Who would like to go to France anyway?
They eat frogs and they always run away when it comes to a fight :P

Dnia 26.10.2008 o 22:57, Arclight napisał:

Don''t worry, they won''t. French is not as popular as English in our country. Who would
like to go to France anyway?

It''s normal. English is the most popular language, becouse it''s one of the simplest languages. Besides much information are given in English, not in French. And French sounds really awful, I think. :)

In fact they have never won a war. :D Check this out, really worth to see: http://forum.gram.pl/forum_post.asp?tid=96&pid=36509

Then, was Bonaparte brave or just stupid? ;] Anyway, while polish soldiers were going to beat spanish cannons at Somosierra (the canyon in Spain), he was standing away from the battle... :>

Anyway, about a "popularity war" between english and french channelz, I''m not worried ;>

Dnia 26.10.2008 o 23:13, Radykał napisał:

It''s normal. English is the most popular language,

Lies. Chineese is. English is the third most popular one, right after the spanish.

Dnia 27.10.2008 o 07:05, The Lurker napisał:

Lies. Chineese is. English is the third most popular one, right after the spanish.

I learn Spanish, I know English... now only Chinese remains, and I can make contact with 4/5 of the world xD

You can''t say that, they''ve got the French Foreign Legion where Jean Claude Van Damme served ;P [yeah, I know, it''s made up of foreigners but it''s the French Foreign Legion ;D ]

Dnia 27.10.2008 o 07:05, The Lurker napisał:

Spanish is the second? Now I know why this receptionist at the hotel in Barcelona spoke neither English nor German...

And the question for everyone: would you learn foreign language(s) if your native language was one of the most commonly used?

Dnia 27.10.2008 o 11:48, Treant napisał:

And the question for everyone: would you learn foreign language(s) if your native language
was one of the most commonly used?

Yeah, I would xD It''s always good to know at least one foreing language... especially if we are in the Europenian Union.

Dnia 26.10.2008 o 22:11, Budo napisał:

Hey guys, wake up- we have a french competition... I bet it won''t be as popular as our
topic ;]

I was a bit surprised when searching for phrase ''Deutsch'' returned no results. But on the other hand there is a topic ''Translators'' corner. English and the other languages'' - that explains a lot.

Spanish is the second? Now I know why this receptionist at the hotel in Barcelona spoke
neither English nor German...

First thing to remember, if you are foreigner in Spain- spanish don''t speak english.

And the question for everyone: would you learn foreign language(s) if your native language
was one of the most commonly used?

I''d learn at least one I think.

Dnia 27.10.2008 o 14:08, Budo napisał:

First thing to remember, if you are foreigner in Spain- spanish don''t speak english.

The same situation is in France and Italy. I think it''s some kind of nationalistic attitude :P

Dnia 27.10.2008 o 14:32, wasamir napisał:

The same situation is in France and Italy. I think it''s some kind of nationalistic attitude
:P

It''s different. French for instance know english... in general they can speak english, I know it- they just don''t want to. Italian- similar. Spanish... just don''t know english... they can''t speak english, even youg people, students. I asked many spanish why they don''t speak english... I got very diverse reponses... many of them just didn''t know O_O

To be honest I''ve never been in France, I''ve only heard that opinion, now I see that it isn''t true. But last summer I was in Italy and for 2 weeks I didn''t found anyone who speaks (spoke? I''m still learning... :P ) English. Sometimes it war really annoying becouse I couldn''t communicate with them.

Dnia 27.10.2008 o 14:36, Budo napisał:

> The same situation is in France and Italy. I think it''s some kind of nationalistic
attitude
> :P

It''s different. French for instance know english... in general they can speak english,
I know it- they just don''t want to.

You know why? It''s because of the aversion between the French and the English ;> The French hate the fact that the English language is more popular and widely used than French language ;] They might understand you, but in many cases they''ll keep on jabbering in French ;) Maybe it''s because Great Britain used to have colonies all over the world, whereas France had the majority in Africa.

Utwórz konto lub zaloguj się, aby skomentować

Musisz być użytkownikiem, aby dodać komentarz

Utwórz konto

Zarejestruj nowe konto na forum. To jest łatwe!

Zarejestruj nowe konto

Zaloguj się

Masz już konto? Zaloguj się.

Zaloguj się
Zaloguj się, aby obserwować